Welcome to another school year! We are looking forward to another great year for all of our Lineville Students! It is our goal to provide our students with the best educational opportunities, and to create a positive and safe academic environment for our Roadrunners! Here are a few things we will continue to work on during this school year to ensure success: READ MORE on The Roadrunner Way - Student Drop Off & Pick Up - Bus - TEAM
RED CROSS BABYSITTING CLASSES OFFERED:
October Class November Class
PHONE CALLS FROM SCHOOL: We currently have 887 students enrolled at Lineville. There is a phone in the health room office that students use when they need to call home due to illness and when they need to talk with a parent. We do our best to remind them to leave a message if their call is not answered. Some teachers allow students to use their classroom phone to make non-emergency calls and these calls along with the health room line come up to you as the main line of school calling. We also have had parents tell us that a call from the office has come up on Caller ID as a 4 digit number/Unknown or a call from Puerto Rico. Our IS Dept has been notified of this and at this time they are not sure why this is happening. Please help us out and listen to messages before calling the school. If the student is not making the call from the health room and a message was not left - we assume the issue can wait until after school. Thanks for your understanding and help with this matter in reminding your student to leave a message.
CROSS COUNTRY (Starts Monday, Sept. 8th) - Join our cross country team today! Cross Country at Lineville is a fun and exciting sport where you learn to train the body and develop healthy lifestyles! Running is a lifelong activity! Practices typically involve a fun run and some running games. Everyone gets to practice and compete if they desire. Meets are optional and just another way to get involved and have fun. There are approximately five meets for the season and parents must transport to and from the meets. Forms are also on the rack outside the office (practice & meet schedule, permission form, optional CC T-shirt order form, Information letter). Picking up your student promptly at 4:15PM is greatly appreciated. The permission form must be on file in the school office before the student can participate. Last year there were over 70 students involved in Cross Country. Come Run With the Roadrunners!!!
BOYS & GIRLS SOCCER (Starts Monday, Sept. 8th) - The Skills & Drills Soccer season will run Monday thru Thursday (Look for schedule the week of August 18th on the LV Athletic page). If your student is interested in participating, you will need to fill out and return to the school office a permission form prior to the first practice. Forms are on the rack outside the school office or under Athletics on the school webpage. PLEASE NOTE that all students will need to have shin guards and rides need to be here at 4:15PM for pick up.
LV SCHOOL FEES:
- Technology Insurance Fee $35
- Textbook Rental Fee $25
- (New Option!) Bowling Field Trip Fee $5
- Band/Orchestra fee $60
(Only for students that rent a school owned instrument )
The Technology Insurance Fee MUST be paid in order for your child to receive his/her iPad. The most efficient and quickest way to pay the fee is by paying online at https://www.studentquickpay.com/hssd/ . Parents that think they may qualify for a waiver of the fee must fill out the fee waiver form which is a part of the Free/Reduced Lunch application. A new form must be filled out every year to qualify. Forms are available online or in the school office. Also for this year ONLY there will not be a swim unit in Phy Ed so there will be no swim/towel fee charge. This is due to the pool renovations that will begin in the fall.
LINEVILLE FUNDRAISER: Watch for information on our annual fundraiser to come home today, Sept 9th. This year’s fundraiser is a magazine sale and will end September 26th. The fundraiser is run by our Lineville Parent Booster Club. Most of the proceeds are used to help off set academic field trip costs.
ABSENCES & HEALTH ROOM:
- Any absences, including doctor’s appointments that may cause your child to be late must be called in to our ATTENDANCE LINE at 662-7875. A message can be left at anytime on this line. If your student needs to leave school during the day for any reason please send a note with them. The student should bring this note to the office after checking in with their TEAM teacher to get a pass. Sending a note helps to alleviate the interruption of the classroom when the parents get here and it is also more time effective for parents. Parents must come into school and sign their student out during the school day (8:25 AM-3:08 PM). If you are picking your student up after school and they are unaware of this we ask that you call the office before 2:30 for the student to be notified. There is no need to call the office or send a note if the student knows they are being picked up after school.
- For pre-planned absences that exceed two or more full days, a pre-excused absence form must be submitted to the office at least 48 hours in advance of the absence. Advance Notice of Absence form
- MEDICATIONS AT SCHOOL: Any medications (cough drops, over the counter/prescription meds including inhalers) to be taken at school must have a Parent Request & Authorization to Administer Medication Form on file. Prescription medication also needs a Parent Form and Physician Form on file in the school office in order for the medication to be administered. These forms are can be found on our web page at (www.hssd.k12.wi.us) under the District Forms or picked up from the rack outside the school office. Parents/Guardians are asked to bring in any medications needed in the original container indicating dosage and frequency. We do not accept expired medication. If you have any questions please contact the office at 662-7871.
- Medication forms Parent Request Form, Prescriber's Medication Request Form and Inhaled Asthma Meds - these forms are also available on the rack outside the main office. No student should have medication in their locker. This includes cough drops. Cough drops need to be kept in the health room and must have a Parent medication form on file to administer.
LINEVILLE/BAY VIEW PARENT CLUB: The parent clubs from Lineville and Bay View will continue to be combined for the 2014-15 school year. Combining the groups has helped increase attendance, reduced the number of meeting for parents with children in both schools and helps ease the transition from Lineville to Bay View. Each club will continue to have its own treasury and fundraising activities.
Meetings are generally held on the third Monday of each month. All dates will be published on the school calendars. The first meeting will be held on Monday, September 15th at Bay View Middle School beginning at 6:30 p.m. All parents who want to become involved are welcome and encouraged to attend! Educational research clearly shows that parents who are “connected” to school have children that do better academically and socially. We would love for you to stay “connected” with the PTO! Find out more / How to get involved
P.E.CLOTHES: Students will be required to bring a change of clothing for Physical Education. Any light colored t-shirt with first and last name written on it in permanent marker; any color athletic shorts with no pockets-fingertip length, socks and shoes will be needed for all P.E. classes. Shorts and shirts will also be available for purchase through our Parent Club. If you are interested in this optional purchase the order form can be returned to the Lineville Office. For those that have placed an order, orders should be filled by September 17th. Students will NOT be assigned a P.E. locker in the locker room. All P.E. clothing will be kept in the student’s hall locker and brought to and from class.
MILK CAPS / CAMPBELL SOUP LABELS / BOX TOPS....
Currently Lineville is still collecting Box Tops. If we do get Campbell Soup labels turned in we send them to an elementary school. Milk caps are not longer being saved as there are no cash back offers available.
COMMUNITY CORNER - Cooking Contest (win $45K), BP Dance Clinic, Village of Suamico Rec, TechGYRLS afterschool program, Pirate Fastpitch Softball, BP grads performing at Meyer Theatre, Astronomy Day, Non-emergency Help